PJ Belcher Pro Audio offers music to dressage audio solutions, whether you’re new to freestyle dressage or a seasoned rider – PJ Belcher has an audio solution for you.
By entrusting us with the task of professionally arranging your music it allows you, as the rider, to concentrate on your performance. Not that we’ll cut you out of the process – on the contrary, we encourage input from our riders to make sure we deliver the exact music our client wants.
Kurs are a creative expression of the relationship between horse and rider. Music is the stage on which to show this, so it’s important to get it right. The correct music choice will depend on type, personality and movement of the horse as well as the rider’s own musical taste to bring it all together. It can also make a performance!
By combining your artistic input and the technical requirements of your routine and horse we can produce the perfect music for your performance.
So what makes you so different from other Music to Dressage services?
- Our composer and producer PJ Belcher is an audio professional by day, but on the evenings and weekends is a rider himself. This allows a unique insight into the fusion between horse, rider and music that can be passed onto your routine.
- Unlike other services we don’t operate from a limited CD collection, make our own covers (unless required) or only use tracks in the public domain. Instead we are fully licensed to put any piece of music within your performance (providing the track is within the PPL repertoire). We can also compose bespoke routines.
- PJ Belcher has several years’ experience as an audio professional, working in the games, film, music and live event industries. Having handled multiple global brands and franchises and composed hundreds of pieces of music, he hopes to be able to bring these skills to your routine.
Ok, I’m listening, how does it work?
We have a simple method to get you from first contact to the finished product that works. But are always open to adapt and happy to work with the client in a way that gets them what they want.
- Firstly we’ll have a chat about what you want from your performance, your level of riding, musical tastes and anything else you’d like. This helps us to develop and produce a musical arrangement that suits you and your performance perfectly.
- Then we ask you send us a video of your routine. From this we can make decisions on the best possible arrangement of your music and the rhythm of your horse.
- Now we start looking for the right music. By combining your artistic input and the tempo requirements of your routine we can select the ideal music for your performance. The music is sourced, licensed and purchased by us and if required we will even make new versions of existing music to really make them fit. Say for instance you really like a certain part of a song but you don’t want the vocals? We can make that happen!
- Then we’ll send you a preview of your performance via email, with the newly edited music, for you to check over and give feedback on. Only once you’re happy do we take payment.
- Finally we’ll send you 2 copies of your music on CD by post along with the required details and paperwork. Additional CDs are available at request.
What about the legal stuff?
This page on the British Dressage website is very helpful.
In short as a BD member you are sub-licenced to the PPL for the use of music in your performances. You have to fill in a little paperwork (details for which we’ll supply) which can be found on the BD link above. The venues you perform at should have a PRS licence to play the music back and then finally PJ Belcher Pro Audio is responsible for obtaining licences to get and edit your desired music together, all of which is covered in your single price.
Sounds simple, how much does it cost?
Prices start at just £50 and are dependent on your requirements and the level at which you are riding. We start with a free, friendly, no obligation phone call (or email) to discuss your requirements, this helps us produce a musical performance perfectly catered to you, then we’ll give you a price and you don’t pay until you’re perfectly happy with the preview.
What if I want an original composition?
We also offer a composing service if you’d prefer bespoke music for your routine. We can also offer a hybrid service that can interlink existing music and original composition, please get in contact for more details.
The work produced by us, whether an original composition or existing tracks, will always be unique to the client. We will never re-sell one client’s work to another, although we can’t always guarantee you won’t pick similar tracks!
Each client’s product is a unique piece of work produced by us.
Oh, one more thing….
Any further questions please feel free to contact us for more info.
We look forward to hearing from you!